10.07.2010

Falsies

What I wouldn't give for luscious lashes like those.  Unfortunately the more mascara I put on, the more chunky and disgusting my lashes appear to become.  Solution?  False eyelashes.  I am pretty much a beauty klutz and false eyelashes kind of scare me, but these helpful tips will  hopefully get me through it and give my lashes some extra pizazz.

1.  Start with the mirror on your lap.  Instead of looking directly into your bathroom mirror, grab a smaller mirror and place it on your lap.  This helps the strip stay on your lash line. 
2.  Before gluing anything, hold up the strip to your eye to make sure the falsies fit.  If not, trim them down, or trim into 3-4 equal segments for easier application.
3.  Apply a small amount of strong hold water proof glue (it's probably best not to use whatever random adhesive comes with the lashes) directly to the base of the false lashes and wait 20 seconds.
4.  Wiggle the lashes into place.  (For a more subtle look, add falsies only the outer corners of your eye).
5.  Use black eye liner to fill in any gaps.
6.  Clamp lashes with a curler to blend real and fake lashes together.
7.  Apply a coat of mascara.

That doesn't seem so bad, right?  The part that freaks me out the most is the removal process.  The image of ripping off false lashes like a band-aid reminds me of a bad hazing ritual.  Thankfully, all you need is a cotton ball full of makeup remover and the falsies should slide right off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seriously, comments make my day. So go ahead, make my day...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails