Happy Monday! I had a wonderful weekend/adventure in Big Sur with friends. Avoiding the rain, and eating delicious foods, we celebrated a friend's birthday in nature-filled and relaxing fashion. It was perfect! This week's thrifty blogger is Bridget from Bee Lux (the very first blog I ever read!!). Her blog features the best beauty finds out there, plus loads of killer images. So, needless to say, I am thrilled that she is sharing her 5 steals and a splurge!
Piglets! Beebs here from the laid to rest, Bee Lux. Although I've taken a break from blogging, I'm still an avid follower of many. And with KC's beautiful blog pumping some serious thrifty finds, I was more than thrilled to participate in her showcase. I'm truly beauty obsessive- always searching and buying the next best beauty find (you should see my lipstick case). And in all honestly, I wanted to post only beauty goods. But I have decided to go outside my usual box and grace you with a variety of awesomeness. It was hard to narrow down, but I think you'll find a saucy mix that'll spark your fancy... somewhere. Enjoy and toodles!
1. Tocca Candle: Yma (Guava Red Currant): A delightful and invigorating scent. May seem like a waste of $16, but they burn forever and warm the house perfectly. I really am hooked. ($16 small size)
2. Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Coral Crush (#515): The most versatile and flattering lip color on any skin tone, for any occasion. And friendly on the purse strings.($7.99)
3. Forever 21 scarves: I never spend more than maybe $10 on a scarf, and Forever21 never fails to produce sweet and funky prints. I always receive compliments when I wear one of these...especially stripes. A tee, jeans and one of these is my weekend uniform. ($7.80)
4. Powells Books: I'm a book junkie and am continuously browsing for my next great read. Powell's in Portland has the most amazing selection and oh so affordable, new and used. Up next, The Other Wes Moore.
5. MAC Blushcreme in Posey: I can't get enough of MAC. Their cream blush is incredible and only a tiny dab goes a long way. A perfect punch of color for that natural flush.($19.50)
6. SPLURGE: MoroccanOil Light Oil Treatment (for blondes and fine hair): My splurge isn't that intense, but after years of product build-up, curling irons and color/dye, I rely on MorrocanOil Light to replenish my dry, sad locks. Dry or wet. Overnight or after a blow-dry. ($42)