Thanks to the wonders of scheduled posting, I have a whole slew of posts ready for you all this week. By the time you are reading this, I'll probably be in Austin, Texas! I promise to return to regular commenting/blog reading once I get some downtime, but for random updates of our trip, check my twitter @kristencarole. And now, the lovely Padgett from her self titled blog, Padgett Hoke will share her 5 steals and a splurge (fun fact: Padgett was seriously the first person...aside from my bf and close friends...to comment and follow my blog, plus she makes Ah-mazing jewelry on Etsy. Check out her shop here.)
Happy Monday wonderful Thrifty readers! KC asked if I would put together a couple of my favorite steals and a splurge. I am a cut throat deal finder so I contemplated this for a long time. It was very hard to narrow down my steals and especially my splurge, but I did and here they are!
1. Laptop cover: I have one of these and it is the best! I love protecting my laptop so why not have something that is cute and serves a function & at only $26.00 - totally worth it. Plus when you pull your computer out in the sleeve at the airport - guaranteed compliments!
2. Fresh (albertsons) flowers: no need to buy expensive fresh flowers from a florist, head on over to a grocery store & buy whatever is in season at a deal. advice: buy all of one color and put in a very simple vase - instant elegance!
3. Sunset in the Rearview music blog: My cousin, Lydia Simmons, is the founder of this site & it is an amazing resource for all things music complete with tons and tons of free downloads of fantastic songs - my current favorite sunset download is this song.
4. Button down shirt: whatever staple item I am in need of - currently button down oxfords - I always head on over to Forever 21 to get the goods. Not only are they cute - but at $12.50, you can buy two and still feel good about it!
5. Bathing suits: with the upcoming swim suit season headed our way (for those of us in jackson hole, wyoming who are in full blown winter that might be closer towards July)... I always head over to American Eagle and check out their suits. They are of great quality - and currently are having a swim suit sale so this little top is $18.37!
1. Ray Ban (prescription) sunglasses: I have just ordered these prescription sunglasses! Being that I can't see distances - I don't know why I didn't think about these before, but I had an ah ha moment and realized I should get my prescriptions in my shades - duh. Well, this is news to me - they can basically take any sunglasses and put my prescription in them. The ability to see is sort of priceless - and a very well spent splurge! $156.00
Thank you to KC for letting me do this guest post, it was so fun and I hope you all will stop on by my little site "www.padgetthoke.blogspot.com" and say hi!