5.25.2011

Lonny cheat sheet



Images and tips via Lonny Magazine 


Well, I FINALLY got around to reading the new Rue and not so new Lonny editions.  Boy were they chock full of gorgeous images or what??  But how in the hell is a normal person supposed emulate those awesome rooms...and actually live in them?  Well, look no further because today and tomorrow I'll be recapping my favorite tips from the issues, and hopefully share some inspiring images that should provide the ultimate cheat sheet.  In the May/June issue of Lonny, I thought Todd's tips for creating an elegant and understated space were right on the money.
  1. Use antique pieces and artwork from different periods to create a mix.  For example, hang a modern picture over an antique console.
  2. Always use the best things you can afford.  Quality over quantity!
  3. Don't overthink or overdo it; a little can go a long way.
  4. Edit, edit, edit.  A great room or a good design is always about editing and knowing when to stop! 

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea, KC! I love the spaces shown in Rue and Lonny, too, but find them somewhat aspirational, too. Can't wait to hear your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Seriously, comments make my day. So go ahead, make my day...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails