9.24.2010

Mission Accomplished?

 (images 1, 2, 3, 4)

Well, as of Wednesday, Fall has officially arrived.  With only one more Fall Fashion installment to post, hopefully you all feel adequately prepared for autumn.  Summer seems to have flown by, and I haven't checked my summer to-do list in quite awhile.  Let's see how I did, shall we?
1.  Take the GMAT (yes)
2.  Move apartments (yes)
3.  Attend the Alameda Flea Market (yes)
4.  Attend a Free Concert in Stern Grove (no)
5.  Go to the Oregon District (no)
6.  Eat at Bakesale Betty (no)
7.  Impressionist Exhibit at the De Young (yes)

Slightly over 50%...not great, but I have plans to go to the Oregon District in October, and Bakesale Betty is open year round, so there is hope for me yet!

And for my reading list:
1.  Finish 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' series (yes, yes, yes)- Each book is better than the last.  I was so sad when I finished.
2. The Help (yes)- I finished this last weekend and am still thinking about the characters.  I'm counting down until the movie is released. 
3.  My Horizontal Life (yes)- As hilarious as you think it will be.
4. The Alchemist (no)
5.  Little Bee (no)

Also read...
1.  Chief Culture Officer -An interesting commentary on the newest addition to the "C-suite."  The author argues that the CCO (Chief Culture Officer) is a new necessity to all companies who want to stay fresh and current.  
2.  Delivering Happiness -The CEO of Zappos explains what it means to have profits, passion, and purpose in this very candid book about what it takes to start a company.

Next on my reading list:
1.  Let My People Go Surfing
2.  Room
3.  Tinkers
4.  The Hunger Games
5.  The Alchemist and Little Bee

Did any of you make a summer to do list?  How did it turn out?  Any books you care to recommend for my fall reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seriously, comments make my day. So go ahead, make my day...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails